Our Vision and Mission
We will Engage children through:
- a question led curriculum approach where they are encouraged to ask questions in a supportive learning environment.
- a broad and balanced curriculum which develops their potential academically, physically, socially and emotionally.
- guidance and support so that they are well informed of their progress and what they need to do to improve.
- “Talk Homework”: to enable them to explore their personal interests, research skills and presentation skills.
- “Pupil Voice” – class and school councils, A Stars (A walk to school Initiative).
We will Engage parents/carers through:
- Inspire Workshops- working alongside children while engaged in Topic projects
- Open Mornings – observing lessons – finding out how subjects are taught
- Class Assemblies – watching children share what they are learning
- Celebration Assemblies – acknowledging children’s achievements
- Consultation meetings – working in partnership to support learning
Children will Enjoy via:
- WOW days – stunning starts or fantastic finishes to Topics
- Educational visits – to enhance learning
- Visitors to school – to bring learning to life
- Opportunities to achieve national qualifications – Children’s University, Year 6 “Rock it”.
- Opportunities to take part in lunch time clubs
Children will Achieve because we will:
- know our children; their strengths and areas of development
- deliver well planned lessons that are adapted to suit the needs of all children
- adapt teaching styles to enable all children access to the curriculum
- provide learning environments and teaching resources that support children’s learning.
- nurture children’s personal development – encouraging thinking, reasoning, sharing and problem solving skills
- work closely with all stakeholders
- ensure children are ready for the next part of their educational learning journey
- prepare children for life as a good citizen in Britain and the World