Primary Sports Funding
The Government is provides additional funding to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
Our priorities for 2018-19 are:-
- Develop staff expertise in teaching all aspects of PE.
- Continue to provide quality coaches for lunchtime activities and enrichment days.
- Increase participation in sport through the provision of additional before school, after school and lunchtime clubs.
- Increase participation in district and county-wide competitions and tournaments through membership of the local sports partnership.
- Purchase additional PE resources to enable a wider and ‘new’ range of sports to be played.
- Increase the number of children who can swim 25 metres by the end of Year 6.